One of the questions I get asked frequently is, "I'm making a crochet blanket for [insert person], how big do I make it?" . So I thought I'd put together a complete list of blanket sizes. This list includes crochet afghan sizes ranging from a crochet lovey / baby afghan sizes to a California King afghan blanket.
>Click HERE to sign-up to receive our newsletter <
Standard Blanket Sizes
> Don't Forget to Pin-It to save it for later <
Custom Blanket Sizes
If you'd like to crochet a custom size afghan blanket for your bed, you can figure out the perfect blanket size in just a few quick steps!
- Step 1: Measure the thickness of your mattress.
- Step 2: Measure from the top of the bed to the foot of the bed. Add the thickness of your mattress. Tip! If you will be tucking your blanket in, add 5-6" extra.
- Total Blanket Length = Mattress Length + Mattress Thickness + Tucking
- Step 3: Measure the width of your mattress by measuring from one side to the other. Add the thickness of your mattress x 2 (since you need your blanket to hang down and cover both sides). Tip! If you will be tucking your blanket in, add 5-6" extra.
- Total Blanket Width = Mattress Width + 2 x Mattress Thickness + Tucking
The finished dimensions of your custom size blanket will be: Total Blanket Length x Total Blanket Width.
Use the afghan size chart and custom sizing instructions to make your next crochet afghan blanket.
Are you intimidated by crocheted cables? Would you love to learn? Take an Annies Video Class with me and let me ease your fears of crocheted cables! Click on the photo below to watch a free preview. You can also see the other 2 classes I have available! (affiliate link)
Thank you The chart is very helpful!!
Thank you for the chart, Jennifer...I have been waiting for something like this for a long time...SMILE...!!!