Tis the season to be jolly and crochet all things Christmas for all of the people we love. I absolutely LOVE this time of year and being able to crochet handmade gifts for family and friends. The only thing I love more is being able to enjoy our craft with a group of like minded crocheters. Come join us for the 2018 Christmas Stocking Crochet Along where we’ll enjoy fabulous friends, fun, and prizes!
The Gingham Plaid Christmas Stocking is the stocking we’ll be crocheting together during the 2018 Christmas Stocking Crochet Along. I love the classic red & white, but also started one in green and white and it’s just as gorgeous!
*This post contains affiliate links.
>> Winners Announced Below <<
The pattern has been released! Use Coupon Code: STOCKING to grab your copy for Only $3.00!
Sale Ends: December 9, 2018 at midnight PST
*Please make sure the correct price shows before you pay. Refunds will not be given.
Do you love the social aspect of a crochet along? Do you love to crochet all of the holiday items you can? If you answered “yes” to either of these, then this crochet along is for you! What are you waiting for? Read the CAL details below and then join us in the A Crocheted Simplicity Crochet Community group on Facebook for some CAL F-U-N!
Not so sure you’d like to join the CAL? Let me try to twist your arm… keep reading below….
First, a little info about the design!
If you love holiday themed crochet, if you making stockings for your loved ones, if you love gingham plaid, then you’ll LOVE this design!
It’s been a year since my last stocking design and I’ve been wanting to design another one. With each new stocking design I try to incorporate a new element. For this one, that element is tapestry crochet! Now, you may be intimidated by the thought of color work, but I assure you it’s much easier than it looks! Even so, I’ve added both written instructions and a color chart to this pattern.
Yarn: I used Red Heart With Love Metallic in Red & White for one stocking and Teal & White for the other. I used less than 1 ball of each color to complete one stocking.
How big is the stocking? When laid flat, the stockings measure 7″ across and 17″ L. Plenty big enough for lots of goodies!
Pattern Difficulty: The stocking is very simple and broken down into small steps with measurements given along the way to help keep you on track. There are photo tutorials included for “tricky spots”.
Tutorials: The pattern includes photo tutorials & a color chart, but if you still need a little help, the best part of a CAL is the extra access you have to myself and many other talented crocheters who are all working on the same thing!
Why should I join the Crochet Along?
- Crochet alongs bring a great sense of community to our craft.
- A CAL is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends who share your same passions.
- They’re also great opportunities to share your talents with others by helping those in the group who are eager to learn new skills, but may need a little help along the way.
- You’ll receive exclusive help from myself as I’ll be there daily to answer any of your questions, should you have any.
- Live videos will be posted in the group, if a need arises.
- If you’ve never made a stocking before, a crochet along setting is the best place to learn! Come join us and let’s put those fears to rest! 😀
- And last, but not least…. THE AWESOME PRIZES! 😉
Sounds like a blast! What do I have to do to get started?
Step 1: Click HERE to sign-up to receive our newsletter (if you aren’t already signed up)! I’d hate to have you miss out on the announcements!
Step 2: Click HERE to join the ACS Crochet Community Facebook Group (if you’re not already a member).
Step 3: Crochet Along with us by following the schedule below! 😀
Step 4: Don’t forget to enter the giveaway before you go!
Step 5: Use the link & coupon code above to grab your copy of the pattern!
Order your materials from our affiliate below:
- Try out a Clover Amour 5mm crochet hook, they’re awesome hooks! You’ll also need a 5.5mm crochet hook for the cuff.
- Red Heart With Love Metallic, or other similar yarns.
Psst… Don’t miss out on the awesome giveaway! Make sure you read this entire blog post!
Crochet Along Schedule
November 30 – December 6 (2018): Grab your copy of the pattern, go yarn shopping, and set up a Ravelry project with a photo of your yarn. Click HERE for a tutorial on How to Create a Ravelry Project Page.
December 7 – 13: Complete the leg & heel of your stocking. Add a photo of your progress to your Ravelry project & the CAL post in the Facebook group!
December 14 – 21: Complete the foot, toe, & cuff of your stocking. Add a photo of your completed stocking to your Ravelry project & the CAL post in the Facebook group!
Enter to Win Weekly Prizes
There will be weekly drawings and great prizes to be won! To be eligible to win the weekly prizes you must do the following:
Step 1) Create a project on Ravelry linking to the stocking listing. Click HERE for a tutorial on How to Create a Ravelry Project Page.
Step 2) Update your project each week by Thursday night at midnight pst with at least 1 photo of the current week’s part. (Example: Week 1, before midnight on December 6th, have your project page updated with a photo of your yarn.)
All those who have updated their projects by the deadline will be put into a random drawing for the current week’s prizes. Winners will be announced in the Facebook group on Fridays.
Here it is, you’ve reached the end of the blog post. You’re probably wondering where it is. Where what is? Well, way up there ^^^ I told you to keep reading because we’re going to have a giveaway before the CAL even begins! Since you’ve made it all the way to the end….
>> Enter the Yarn Giveaway!! <<
Congratulations to our Winners!!!
Congratulations to Anna, Linda, & Nancy! Ladies, please send me a private message on Facebook to claim your prize. Please include your mailing address. 🙂
Congratulations to Bekki, Tanya, & Peg! Ladies, please send me a private message on Facebook to claim your prize. Please include your Ravelry username. If you have already purchased the pattern, please also include the pattern you’d like in its place.
(3) Winners will each receive the following: 1 ball of Red Heart With Love Metallic in Red, 1 ball of Red Heart Metallic in White, and a copy of the Gingham Plaid Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern. ***
(3) Winners will each receive a copy of the Gingham Plaid Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern. ***
***If you’ve already purchased your copy and are one of our lucky winners, you can choose another pattern of choice.
Additional Contest Details & Rules (because we have to have rules)
- Contest is open to readers Worldwide, except void where prohibited by law.
- Disclaimer: If you do live outside the U.S. and are one of the lucky winners, your prize pack may not arrive before the CAL begins.
- To win, enter by 11:59pm CST on December 1, 2018.
- (6) YES, you read that correctly, SIX Lucky winners will be randomly drawn on Sunday (see prize list above), December 2, 2018. Winners will be announced right here on the blog!