This post contains affiliate links.
Welcome to the 2018 #CelebrateMomCAL
This year I’m partnering with three talented blogger friends and
Premier Yarns to bring you
Mom’s Favorite Things Crochet Along (CAL)!
Tag us on your favorite social media with #CelebrateMomCAL
How does the CAL work?
This year’s theme is “Mom’s Favorite Things”. Each Friday, beginning April 6th, we will release a new free pattern that will quickly become one of Mom’s favorites. If you follow along, you will have one or more lovely Mother’s Day gifts for your favorite mom, grandmother, friend, aunt, daughter or even yourself! The projects vary in size, type and complexity so there is something for everyone.
But wait, there’s more!
What could be more fun than the social aspect of a crochet along and the great new free patterns? Prize packs, of course! Premier Yarns is generously sponsoring a fabulous prize pack at the end of the CAL too — more info to follow on that!
For a limited time, Premier Yarns is offering these generous promotions!
Get 10% off through 4/30 with my special
Coupon Code: JP10%
(valid through 4/30/2018, not to be combined with other offers)
Premier Chamonix Yarn is the yarn I used to design My Favorite Top
Don’t forget to Use Coupon Code: JP10% to receive your discount!
or take advantage of these promotions while supplies last:
Value Bundles: Cotton Fair
Buy 1 Get 1 50% off: Everyday Yarns on sale until the end of March
Ready to join us? Great, here’s what you have to do!
- If you aren’t already a member, join our Crochet Playground FB Group, then join the#CelebrateMomCAL event from within that group (Event Group will be available on 4/1).
- Scroll down to see the yarn list and get your materials ready. Don’t forget to use the Buy Now button above and get 10% off through 4/30 with my special coupon code JP10%.
- Complete your project and create a project page on Ravelry linking to the designer’s pattern listing. If you don’t know how to do this, check out my tutorial below.
- To enter the prize drawing, simply enter the Rafflecopter entry form each week. No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway, however, you must have completed at least one CAL project.
- We want to share the event with the world, so be sure to tag your posts and pictures with #CelebrateMomCAL on all your favorite social media!
Schedule & Yarn List:
4/6 – My Favorite Tote Bag hosted by The Purple Poncho
- PREMIER EVERYDAY SOFT WORSTED SOLIDS AND MULTIS
- Cream – 2 balls; Twilight Blue -12 yards; Quiet Blue – 6 yards; Soft Peach – 24 yards
- Hook: US H/5.00 mm
- Find the pattern on Ravelry HERE
4/13 – My Favorite Waterfall Cardigan or Vest hosted by Pattern Paradise
- PREMIER CHAMONIX YARN OR PREMIER COTTON FAIR SOLIDS – 4 to 7 balls required depending on size. I made the cardigan sample in Chamonix Ice Blue and the Vest in Cotton Fair Mocha.
- SizeFits ChestSize *
Yards Cardi Vest XS/S 34″ 1,550 1,270 M/L 42″ 1,900 1,600 XL/2X 50″ 2,400 2,000 * There is 6 – 10″ of ease built in, depending on size.
4/27 – My Favorite Summer Top hosted by A Crocheted Simplicity
- PREMIER CHAMONIX YARN
- Tide Pool -2 to 3 balls (780 – 1,800 yards); sizes XS to 4X
- Hook: US C/2.75 mm; US D/3.25 mm; US E/3.50 mm
- Click HERE for the pattern
5/4 – My Favorite Throw Pillow hosted by Sincerely, Pam
- PREMIER COTTON FAIR SOLIDS
- Cream – 2 balls; Slate Grey – 2 balls
- Hook: US I/5.50 mm
How to Create a Project on Ravelry
Step 1: Log into your Ravelry account, then go to the Ravelry listing for the pattern you need to link your project to. In the upper right corner you’ll see where it says “add to favorites, hook it, share this” etc.. Click on the little crochet hook and the words ‘hook it!’ (see photo below).
Step 2: A small box will pop-up (as shown in the photo below). The default name for your project will be the name of the pattern you’re linking to (you can re-name it if you prefer). Once you’re happy with the name, click the ‘create this project’ button.
Step 3: You’ll then be brought to your blank project page where you can add photos, notes etc. To edit your project simply click on ‘edit project’ near the upper right of the page (see photo below).
Step 4: Once you’ve added your photos and notes, make sure to click SAVE!
Accessing your project later: If you need to edit your project page later on, simply hover over the tab on the top that says “My Notebook”, then in the dropdown menu, click on “projects“.
Click the logos below to learn more about your hosts,
and follow us on social media!