Hello & Welcome to our Black Cat Crochet Along! A Crocheted Simplicity and Blackstone Designs are working together again to bring you another fun, free crochet along. The theme of this free crochet along (as you may have already guessed), is Black Cat. Because Sonya and I have had so much fun coming up with coordinating designs in past, themed crochet alongs, we decided it would be fun to continue tradition! We have both come up with a fun new design that will add a little black cat decor to your home this Halloween. Both new crochet projects are small enough for you to complete in less than a weekend.
How do I join in the fun?
- Join both designer's community groups on Facebook so you can crochet along with us! It's also a great place to ask questions, look for inspiration, and help others with their projects. To join, click the names of the groups below:
- Look for the Black Cat Crochet Along Graphic (as shown above)
- Once you're in the designer's Facebook community group, look for a post with the Black Cat Crochet Along graphic (the graphic shown above).
- Comment, ask questions, and post your progress photos on this specific Black Cat Crochet Along post in the group. This is where we will randomly be choosing winners of prizes so please make sure you participate to take full advantage of the fun! *Make sure to post progress pics of my design in the A Crocheted Simplicity group and progress pics of Sonya's design in the Blackstone Designs group.
- Crochet Along
- Crochet 1 or both of the New Black Cat crochet designs we release. You can make as many as you'd like and each will gain you more entries.
- Each pattern will be available free on the respective designer's blogs.
- Enter to Win Prizes
- Once you complete your project, add a photo of it to the post in the group for that project. You will need to add at least 1 photo for each completed project in order to be entered to win all of the prizes. Hint: A photo of your materials before you begin also counts as 1 entry so go ahead and post that photo as soon as you've gathered your yarn! Each photo you post will be assigned a number. Keep track of your numbers as we use these to draw winners!
- After you finish a project, post a photo of your finished item on the MMCAL post in that designer’s Facebook group to claim your free pattern of choice from the designer and be entered to Win a $25 Gift Card to Amazon!
- The more projects you complete, the greater your chances are of winning!
- Earn Bonus Entries
- Show off your WIPS & finished projects on social media using the hashtag: #BlackCatCAL
- Create a project page on Ravelry (for a tutorial, click HERE).
Black Cat Crochet Along Schedule, Material List & Prizes
This MMCAL will be posted in 3 segments. When it is time for Segments 1 - 3 to be posted, check the Facebook groups for the links, or simply head on over to the A Crocheted Simplicity & Blackstone Designs blogs.
Crochet Along Schedule
- Material List & Schedule Announcement: SCROLL DOWN - Right here in this post!
- Pattern Release: Friday, September 9, 2022 at 9am CST. **links Coming Friday at 9am CST**
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 11:59pm: Crochet Along Closes & winners will be drawn. Winners will be announced Friday, September 16, 2022.
Materials we'll be using!
Many of the supplies are available from our affiliates below.
Jennifer - A Crocheted Simplicity
- > CLICK HERE to be taken to Jennifer's Free Crochet Pattern <
- Yarn: Lily Sugar n' Cream Cotton Yarn - (or comparable weight yarn)
- Black - 160 yards
- Orange - 30 yards
- Purple - 1 yard
- Yellow - 18"
- Pink: 8"
- Crochet Hooks: H/8/5.00mm & J/10/6.00mm
- Notions: (2) 12mm Plastic Safety Cat Eyes (optional - alternative provided); (1) Plastic Safety Animal Nose (18mm) (optional - alternative provided); Yarn Needle; Scissors
Sonya - Blackstone Designs
- > CLICK HERE to be taken to Sonya's Free Crochet Pattern <
- Yarn: Worsted Weight Yarn / 4 / 100% Cotton Yarn
- Black - 240 yards
- Red - 50 yards
- Yellow - 10 yards
- White - scraps
- Crochet Hook: I/9/5.50mm
- Embroidery Floss: Grey - 1 yard
- Notions: (2) 15mm Plastic Safety Cat Eyes or Buttons; (1) 12mm Animal Nose or Black Button; Yarn Needle; Scissors
- Optional Materials: ¼ yd 100% Cotton Batting (Optional, but recommended); Rotary Cutter (For cutting batting)
All About the Prizes
- Win a $25 Amazon Gift Card
- To be entered to win the $25 Amazon Gift Card, simply post a photo of your finished project(s) on the Black Cat Crochet Along post in the designer's group.
- Win (1) OF 2 Yarn Prize Packs
- Each designer will be giving away 1 yarn prize pack to 1 winner!
- To be entered to win 1 of the yarn prizes, simply make sure to post your progress photos on the Black Cat Crochet Along posts in the designer's groups. Each photo you post will be assigned a number. Keep track of your numbers as we use these to draw winners!
- Earn up to 4 entries with each project completed: Photo of your yarn, Progress Photo of each of the 3 segments.
- Open to crocheters worldwide!
- Receive a Free Pattern of Choice
- EVERYONE who completes a project will receive 1 pattern of choice from the designer who’s project they completed!
A Special Promotion
While we're waiting for the Black Cat Crochet Along to kick-off, we've set-up a special promotion for all of you in both our Etsy & Ravelry shops!
SAVE 50% with Coupon Code: blackcat (code valid through 9/15/22)
Click here to pin it to Pinterest and share with your friends!
Let's Keep in Touch!
We are excited to bring you this fun community event and would love to have you follow us on social media so we can keep in touch after the crochet along is over!