Tis the season to be jolly and crochet all things Christmas for all of the people we love. I absolutely LOVE this time of year and being able to crochet handmade gifts for family and friends. The only thing I love more is being able to enjoy our craft with a group of like minded crocheters. This is where YOU come in! Come join us for the 2019 Christmas Stocking Crochet Along where we’ll enjoy fabulous friends, fun, and prizes!
While I was sketching and planning a new Christmas stocking design I realized that I couldn’t choose just one design for this year’s Christmas stocking crochet along. So, this year I’m releasing FIVE new crochet Christmas stocking designs! You can choose to make just one, or you can choose to make 2, 3, 4 or 5. It’s totally up to you!
Do you love the social aspect of a crochet along? Do you love to crochet all of the holiday items you can? If you answered “yes” to either of these, then this crochet along is for you! What are you waiting for? Read the CAL details below and then join us in the A Crocheted Simplicity Crochet Community group on Facebook or the Ravelry group, for some CAL F-U-N!
Not so sure you’d like to join the CAL? Let me try to twist your arm… keep reading below….
First, a little info about the designs!
If you love holiday themed crochet, if you making stockings for your loved ones, if you love having options, then you’ll LOVE this crochet along!
It’s been a year since my last crochet stocking design and I wanted to design another one, but ended up designing 5! With each new stocking design I try to incorporate a new element. For these stocking designs I played around with plaid colorwork using textured crochet stitch patterns, working with faux fur yarn to make cuffs, poms and even an entire stocking, a nicely textured, classic looking stitch pattern, and a fun technique I’ve used on a few other designs this year.
Now, you may be intimidated by one or more of these designs, but the best part of a crochet along is that all hands are on deck to help!
Yarns: All stockings were designed using worsted weight yarns and/or a super bulky faux fur yarn. Please see individual stocking patterns for specific yarns and yardage.
How big are the stockings? Please see individual stocking patterns for sizes. They are similar in size, but do vary slightly.
Tutorials: The patterns include photo tutorials & charts as needed, but if you still need a little help, the best part of a CAL is the extra access you have to myself and many other talented crocheters who are all working on the same project at the same time!
Why should I join the Crochet Along?
- Crochet alongs bring a great sense of community to our craft.
- A CAL is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends who share your same passions.
- They’re also great opportunities to share your talents with others by helping those in the group who are eager to learn new skills, but may need a little help along the way.
- You’ll receive exclusive help from myself as I’ll be there daily to answer any of your questions, should you have any.
- If you’ve never made a stocking before, a crochet along setting is the best place to learn! Come join us and let’s put those fears to rest! 😀
- And last, but not least…. THE AWESOME PRIZES! 😉
Brand New Christmas Stocking Patterns
Click on the links below to be taken to that specific free stocking pattern:
- Buffalo Plaid Christmas Stocking
- Diamonds & Fur Christmas Stocking
- Classic Textures Christmas Stocking
- Faux Fur Christmas Stocking
- O’ Christmas Tree Christmas Stocking
Lion Brand Yarns – Save 25% with code NOV25 until 11/26/2019/.
Click the links below to be taken to each specific yarn.
The following are the yarns & quantities for the stockings shown:
- Buffalo Plaid Christmas Stocking: Vanna’s Choice in Silver Heather (160 yards), White (90 yards) & Charcoal Grey (80 yards)
- Diamonds & Fur Christmas Stocking: Vanna’s Choice in White (260 yards), Go For Faux in Bear (28 yards)
- Classic Textures Christmas Stocking: Pound of Love in Claret (380 yards), Go For Faux in Baked Alaska (28 yards)
- Faux Fur Christmas Stocking: Go For Faux in Baked Alaska (85 yards) and Pomeranian (4 yards)
- O’ Christmas Tree Christmas Stocking: Vanna’s Choice in Kelly Green (260 yards)
Pin it to save it for later here.
Sounds like a blast! What do I have to do to get started?
Step 1: Click HERE to sign-up to receive our newsletter (if you aren’t already signed up)! I’d hate to have you miss out on the announcements!
Step 2: Click HERE to join the ACS Crochet Community Facebook Group (if you’re not already a member), OR Click HERE to join the Ravelry group.
Step 3: Crochet Along with us by following the schedule below & be entered to win weekly prizes! 😀
Step 4: Don’t forget to enter the yarn giveaway before you go!
Step 5: Choose 1 or more of the patterns to crochet during the crochet along.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Order your tools from our affiliates below:
- Try out a Clover Amour crochet hook! I’ve never had an ache in my hand since making the switch.
Psst… Don’t miss out on the awesome giveaway! Make sure you read this entire blog post!
Crochet Along Schedule
November 22 – November 28 (2019): Choose which stocking you’re going to make, choose your yarn and make sure you’ve joined us in the A Crocheted Simplicity Facebook Community Group, or Ravelry group. Add a photo of your materials to the Week 1 CAL post in whatever group you’re in.
November 29 – December 5: Complete the leg & heel of your stocking (if making the Christmas Tree stocking, complete the toe and foot of stocking). Add a photo of your progress to the Week 2 CAL post in the Facebook group or Ravelry group.
December 6 – 12: Complete the foot and toe of your stocking (if making the Christmas Tree stocking, complete the heel and leg of stocking). Add a photo of your progress to the Week 3 CAL post in the Facebook group or Ravelry group.
December 13 – 19: Complete the hanging loop, cuff, poms and tassels for your stocking (depending on which stocking you’re making and what your prefer). Add a photo of your completed stocking to the Week 4 CAL post in the Facebook group or Ravelry group.
Enter to Win Weekly Prizes
There will be weekly drawings and great prizes to be won! To be eligible to win the weekly prizes you must do the following:
Step 2) Make sure to post a photo of each week’s progress on the appropriate CAL post by midnight before the next week begins.
All crocheters who have posted their progress photos by the deadline will be put into a random drawing for the current week. Since we’re so close to the holidays, I will be giving away Amazon Gift Cards weekly! Winners will be announced in the Facebook group & Ravelry group on Fridays.
Here it is, you’ve reached the end of the blog post. You’re probably wondering where it is. Where what is? Well, way up there ^^^ I told you to keep reading because we’re going to have a giveaway before the CAL even begins! Since you’ve made it all the way to the end….
The Yarn Giveaway is now closed! Please check the winners list below.
(3) Winners will each receive the following: Winner’s choice of color needed to crochet 1 of the 5 new stockings and an Ad-Free PDF of the crochet pattern.
(3) Winners will each receive an Ad-Free PDF of 1 of the 5 new stockings.
Congratulations to our Winners!!!
If your name is listed below, please keep an eye out in your e-mail inbox as I will be sending out e-mails so you can claim your prize!
Yarn Winners: Millie, Karen D & Kelsey M
Pattern Winners: Tina S, Pat G & Patty S
Winners must claim prizes before 11/29/2019.
Additional Contest Details & Rules (because we have to have rules)
- Yarn Prize is open to crocheters in the U.S. & Canada only.
- Ad-Free PDF contest is open to readers Worldwide, except void where prohibited by law.
- To win, enter by 11:59pm CST on November 22, 2019.
- (6) YES, you read that correctly, SIX Lucky winners will be randomly drawn on Friday (see prize list above), November 23, 2019. Winners will be announced right here on the blog!