Did you miss the awesome pile of goodies we just gave away? If so, make sure you join us for the crochet along so you don’t miss out on any other great prizes!
Giveaway Winners have been posted below!
The pattern has been released! Use Coupon Code: STOCKING to grab your copy for Only $2.49!
Sale Ends: November 26, 2017 at midnight PST
*Please make sure the correct price shows before you pay. Refunds will not be given.
Do you love the social aspect of a crochet along? Do you love to crochet all of the holiday items you can? Do you love several different options in just one pattern? If you answered “yes” to any of these, then this crochet along is for you! So what are you waiting for? Read the CAL details below and then join us in the A Crocheted Simplicity Crochet Community group on Facebook for some CAL F-U-N!
Not so sure you’d like to join the CAL? Let me try to twist your arm… keep reading below….
First, a little info about the design!
If you love holiday themed crochet, if you making stockings for your loved ones, if you love several options in one single pattern, then you’ll LOVE this design!
It’s been a year since my last stocking design and I’ve been to design another one. With each new stocking design I try to incorporate a new element. For this one, that element is appliques! Now, you may be intimidated by the thought of crocheting a 3D flower, or tiny mittens, but I assure you they’re some of the easiest things you can make! Even so, I’ve added lots of details and photos to help along the way. 🙂
Yarn: I used Lion Brand Yarn’s Fisherman’s Wool in Oatmeal for one stocking and Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca in Purple Aster for the other. Both designs also use a contrasting color of Lion Brand Wool Ease.
How big is the stocking? When laid flat, the stockings measure 6-1/2″ across and 18″ L. Plenty big enough for lots of goodies!
Pattern Difficulty: The stocking is very simple and broken down into small steps with measurements given along the way to help keep you on track. There are several photos included for any “tricky spots”.
Tutorials: The pattern includes several photo tutorials, but if you still need a little help, the best part of a CAL is the extra access you have to myself and many other talented crocheters who are all working on the same thing!
Cuff Options: There are 2 different cuff options for this stocking design. First, a short, simple knit-look cuff , and secondly, a wider, textured, fold-over cuff.
Poinsettia Option: The pattern includes instructions for a 3 dimensional poinsettia. I designed this poinsettia to coordinate with my Plush Poinsettia pillow that was designed for Crochet World’s Comfort & Joy issue in 2016.
Mittens Option: Cute little snowflake mittens were designed to hang from ties, instead of yarn poms. They’re SO cute, you LOVE them!!!
Ornaments or Gift Tags: The poinsettia and mittens would make great ornaments or tags you can tie to gifts and add another handmade touch this year!
*Design Sneak Peek*
I realize you can’t see too much, but that’s the whole purpose of a sneak peek. 😉
Why should I join the Crochet Along?
- Crochet alongs bring a great sense of community to our craft.
- A CAL is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends who share your same passions.
- They’re also great opportunities to share your talents with others by helping those in the group who are eager to learn new skills, but may need a little help along the way.
- You’ll receive exclusive help from myself as I’ll be there daily to answer any of your questions, should you have any.
- Live videos will be posted in the group, if a need arises.
- If you’ve never made a stocking before, a crochet along setting is the best place to learn! Come join us and let’s put those fears to rest! 😀
- And last, but not least…. THE AWESOME PRIZES! 😉
Sounds like a blast! What do I have to do to get started?
Step 1: Click HERE to sign-up to receive our newsletter! I’d hate to have you miss out on the announcements!
Step 2: Click HERE to join the ACS Crochet Community Facebook Group (if you’re not already a member).
Step 4: Crochet Along with us by following the schedule below! 😀
Step 5: Don’t forget to enter the giveaway before you go!
Step 6:Use the link & coupon code above to grab your copy of the pattern!
Thank you Lion Brand Yarns for sponsoring this Crochet Along with 2 yarn prizes!
Order your materials from our affiliate below:
- Try out a Clover Amour 5mm crochet hook, they’re awesome hooks! If you’re making the poinsettia you’ll need a 4mm crochet hook. You’ll also need a 5.5mm crochet hook for the cuff.
- The silver bells I used only on the poinsettia stocking.
- You can find Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool & Lion Brand Wool Ease for a competitive price on Amazon as well!
Crochet Along Schedule
November 10 – 16 (2017): Grab your copy of the pattern, go yarn shopping, make a gauge swatch, and set up a Ravelry project & post a photo of your yarn (see below for instructions on how to set up a Ravelry project).
November 17 – 23: Complete the toe, foot & heel of your stocking, post a photo to your Ravelry project.
November 24 – 30: Complete the leg & cuff of your stocking, post a photo to your Ravelry project.
December 1 – 12: Complete the finishing option of your choosing, either poinsettia or mittens. Post a photo of your completed stocking!
Psst… Don’t miss out on the awesome giveaway! Make sure you read this entire blog post!
Enter to Win Weekly Prizes
There will be weekly drawings and great prizes to be won! To be eligible to win the weekly prizes you must do the following:
Step 1) Create a project on Ravelry linking to the stocking listing.
- How to create a project on Ravelry: Log into your Ravelry account, then go to the Ravelry listing for the stocking (link coming soon!), in the upper right corner you’ll see where it says “add to favorites, hook it, share this” etc.. Click on the little crochet hook and the words ‘hook it!’ (see photo below).
- A small box will pop-up (as shown in the photo below). The default name for your project will be Stocking (you can re-name it if you prefer). Once you’re happy with the name, click the ‘create this project’ button.
- You’ll then be brought to your project page where you can add photos, notes etc. To edit your project simply click on ‘edit project’ near the upper right of the page (see photo below).
Step 2) Update your project each week by Thursday night at midnight pst with at least 1 photo of the current week’s part. (Example: Week 1, before midnight on November 16th, have your project page updated with a photo of your yarn.)
All those who have updated their projects by the deadline will be put into a random drawing for the current week’s prizes. Winners will be announced in the Facebook group on Fridays.
Here it is, you’ve reached the end of the blog post. You’re probably wondering where it is. Where what is? Well, way up there ^^^ I told you to keep reading because we’re going to have an awesome giveaway before the CAL even begins! Since you’ve made it all the way to the end….
GIVEAWAY has closed. Are you 1 of the 6 lucky winners???!!!
Winners will be receiving the following yarn in their prize packs!
*Note: e-mail addresses have been blacked out for privacy reasons. I will be sending out e-mails today so if you are one of the lucky winners, please keep your eyes peeled! I’d love to be able to ship it all Friday so it gets to you soon! If you are one of the lucky winners who’s last name appears above and you would like to reach out to me first with your mailing address, please do. 🙂
- Eileen: Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool
- Leanne: Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca
- Loretta: Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool
- carson: Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool
- Sue: Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca
- Bev: Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca
(3) Winners will each receive the following: 1 skein of Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool in Oatmeal, I ball of white wool ease, 1 5mm Clover Amour crochet hook, and 5 silver jingle bells.
(3) Winners will each receive the following: 2 balls of Lion Brand Touch of Alpaca, 1 ball of Lion Brand Wool Ease in white, and 1 5mm Clover Amour crochet hook.
**Lion Brand Yarns is generously sponsoring the yarn for 2 winners!
**A Crocheted Simplicity is providing the addition items shown above & the yarn prize packs for 4 winners! ( stocking pattern, Clover Amour 5mm crochet hook, silver bells).
Additional Contest Details & Rules (because we have to have rules)
- Contest is open to anyone living and breathing anywhere in the world. If the winner is from outside the U.S., A Crocheted Simplicity will pay for shipping the yarn and other prizes to the winner.
- Disclaimer: If you do live outside the U.S. and are the lucky winner, your prize pack may not arrive before the CAL begins.
- (6) YES, you read that correctly, SIX Lucky winners will be randomly drawn on Thursday, November 9, 2017. Winner will be announced right here on the blog!