Click the photo above and use coupon code: JUNECAL to receive 40% off the pattern thru June 15, 2017.
Do you love the social aspect of crochet alongs? Do you love to crochet cables? Do you love the look of crocheted cables, but are intimidated by them? If you answered “yes” to any of these, then this crochet along is for you! So what are you waiting for? Read the CAL details below and then join us in the A Crocheted Simplicity Crochet Community group on Facebook for some CAL F-U-N!
Not so sure you’d like to join a CAL? Let me try to twist your arm… keep reading below, we have an awesome giveaway planned before the CAL starts! 😉
First, a little info about the Cateline Cabled Bag!
If you love bags, textures, and cables, then you’ll LOVE this design!
It’s been a while since my last bag design and I’ve been itching for a new one. With each new bag I try to incorporate a new design element and for this one, that element is a zipper! Now, you may be intimidated by the thought of adding a zipper to your crocheted piece, but I assure you that adding a zipper is one of the easiest things you can add! Even so, I’ve added lots of details and photos to help along the way. 🙂
If I can’t convince you to add a zipper, no worries. You’ll still have a great bag even if you decide to go ‘zipper-less’.
Yarn: I used 2 strands of Lion Brand Yarn’s Fisherman’s Wool in Oatmeal for the bag shown in the listing. Keep reading to find your exclusive coupon code from Lion Brand Yarns!
Straps: The pattern includes instructions for a crocheted strap, if that’s what you prefer. I purchased my strap here: Purse Strap It includes 2 straps, but no worries…grab a friend to CAL with, or make 1 bag to keep and 1 to gift!
Does this bag need a liner? Absolutely not! The stitches are woven tightly enough that you won’t be losing pens through the bottom or sides of your bag, but if you’d like to add a liner, I will be putting together an easy tutorial to help you do so!
Instructions & photo tutorial for the beaded zipper pull are also included in the pattern.
Why should I join the Crochet Along?
- Crochet alongs bring a great sense of community to our craft.
- A CAL is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends who share your same passions.
- They’re also great opportunities to share your talents with others by helping those in the group who are eager to learn new skills, but may need a little help along the way.
- You’ll receive exclusive help from myself as I’ll be there daily to answer any of your questions, should you have any.
- Live videos will be posted in the group, if a need arises.
- An exclusive video tutorial will be added along the way. You will retain access to this video tutorial after the crochet along ends.
- If you’re intimidated by crochet cables, a crochet along setting is the best place to learn! Come join us and let’s put those fears to rest! 😀
- And last, but not least…. THE AWESOME PRIZES! 😉
Sounds like a blast! What do I have to do to get started?
Step 1: Click HERE to purchase your own copy of the Cateline Cabled Bag. The pattern is 40% off thru June 15, 2017. Use Coupon Code: JUNECAL. *Ravelry shop only.
Step 2: Click HERE to join the ACS Crochet Community Facebook Group (if you’re not already a member).
Step 3: Crochet Along with us by following the schedule below! 😀
Thank you Lion Brand Yarns for sponsoring this Crochet Along & for the exclusive discount!
Click HERE to Order your yarn today from LionBrand.com!
Save 20% on Lion Brand Yarns Fisherman’s Wool
*Use Coupon Code: Catelin
*Coupon code valid thru June 15, 2017, at lionbrand.com only for Fisherman’s Wool yarn only.
Order your materials from our affiliate below:
- Try out a Clover Amour 5mm crochet hook, they’re awesome hooks!
- The purse strap I used came in a pair and are linked below. They have different colors to choose from.
- Add purse feet to the bottom of your bag, if desired. They’re really easy to add!
- Clover locking stitch markers are great! (make sure to keep them stored open)
Crochet Along Schedule
June 1 – 8: Complete the Base, post a photo to your Ravelry project.
June 9 – 15: Complete Rounds 1 – 15 of the Bag, post a photo to your Ravelry project.
June 16 – 22: Complete Rounds 15 – 30 of the Bag, post a photo to your Ravelry project.
June 23 – 29: Complete Strap, Add a Zipper (click here for tutorial), & Add a Liner (liner tutorial coming soon!) Note: zipper & liner are optional. Post a photo of your completed bag!
Psst… Don’t miss out on the awesome giveaway! Make sure you read this entire blog post!
Enter to Win Weekly Prizes
There will be weekly drawings and great prizes to be won! To be eligible to win the weekly prizes you must do the following:
Step 1) Create a project on Ravelry linking to the Cateline Cabled Bag listing.
- How to create a project on Ravelry: Log into your Ravelry account, then go to the Ravelry listing for the Cateline Cabled Bag, in the upper right corner you’ll see where it says “add to favorites, hook it, share this” etc.. Click on the little crochet hook and the words ‘hook it!’ (see photo below).
- A small box will pop-up (as shown in the photo below). The default name for your project will be Cateline Cabled Bag (you can re-name it if you prefer). Once you’re happy with the name, click the ‘create this project’ button.
- You’ll then be brought to your project page where you can add photos, notes etc. To edit your project simply click on ‘edit project’ near the upper right of the page (see photo below).
Step 2) Update your project each week by Thursday night at midnight pst with at least 1 photo of the current week’s part. (Example: Week 1, before midnight on June 8th, have your project page updated with a photo of your completed base.)
All those who have updated their projects by the deadline will be put into a random drawing for the current week’s prizes. Winners will be announced in the Facebook group on Fridays.
Here it is, you’ve reached the end of the blog post. You’re probably wondering where it is. Where what is? Well, way up there ^^^ I told you to keep reading because we’re going to have an awesome giveaway before the CAL even begins! Since you’ve made it all the way to the end….
Let’s kick-off this CAL with an AWESOME GIVEAWAY!!!
(Giveaway has closed)
***Congratulations to: Margaret Hall***
Margaret is our pre-CAL giveaway winner!!!
(1) Winner will receive the following:
Lion Brand Yarns is generously giving (2) balls of Fisherman’s Wool Yarn to (1) winner, (winner’s choice of color). Click here to view all available colors.
How do I enter to win this AWESOME PRIZE?!
Step 1: Log in to your Ravelry account and purchase your own copy of the Cateline Cabled Bag. If you’ve already purchased your copy (or if you’ve won it in a previous giveaway), then you’ve already completed step 1! Note: If you’ve purchased this pattern via Craftsy or Etsy, please send me a private message after creating your Ravelry project so we can link the two.
Step 2: Create your Ravelry project (see instructions in the post above^^^ and make sure you’re logged in!)
Step 3: Comment on this blog post with your Ravelry username and the color of Fisherman’s Wool you’ll choose if you’re the winner! Click here to view all available colors.
Additional Contest Details & Rules (because we have to have rules)
- Contest is open to anyone living and breathing anywhere in the world. If the winner is from outside the U.S., A Crocheted Simplicity will pay for shipping the yarn and other prizes to the winner.
- Disclaimer: If you do live outside the U.S. and are the lucky winner, your prize pack may not arrive before the CAL begins.
- (1) Lucky winner will be randomly drawn on Monday, May 29, 2017. Winner will be announced right here on the blog!